Welcome to the new Programmer's World Forums

David B
Site Admin

Welcome to the new Programmer's World Forums

Post by David B »

Hello, and welcome to The Programmer's World Forums,

If you are returning to The Programmer's World Forums following the closure of the original forums, then welcome back! If you are new, then thank you for joining us.

If you have any questions about one of our projects, please feel free to post them. If you believe that it would be more appropriate to discuss your question privately, please either send me a private message or e-mail me at contact@theprogrammersworld.net and I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion. Please note that the best way to get in touch with me is via these forums. Please also note that although I make an effort to respond to all requests in a timely manner, there are times when I am too busy to do so, and I may not see your question for several weeks. If you ask a question and I do not answer it quickly, please do not take it personally. It just means that I've either been too busy to look at it, or I've missed it. If this happens, please remind me, and I'll do my best.

Very often, I receive questions asking for assistance with personal programming projects. While I would love to assist everyone with every project that I am asked about, I am, unfortunately, too busy to do so. While I may provide assistance at a basic level if I am capable of doing so (sometimes I am asked to help with things that I am not capable of doing myself), I generally do not collaborate with others on personal projects for this reason. Even though I will not hold your hand every step of the way, you are still welcome to contact me with questions about personal projects, but please do not expect too much from me.

As far as forum rules are concerned, just behave yourself and use common sense. In general, if there's something you want to do or say, but you believe you probably should not, then you're probably right. I try to maintain a friendly and inviting atmosphere on these forums, but if you behave in a manner that I consider unacceptable, I will ban you from the forums and if necessary, I will disable your site account as well.

Thank you for joining The Programmer's World Forums. I look forward to talking with all of you at some point.