Herobrine config file issue

Get Help with Using Herobrine
phallicphil

Herobrine config file issue

Post by phallicphil »

Hey there,

Having an issue configuring my plugin config file. I save the file, but every time I reload it within game or by restarting the server, the plugin overrides it and reverts the config file to default values. Any way to fix this? My in game report ID is 6a773011d0c34f44d0fa3e1dc474c51e.

Thanks!
David B
Site Admin

Re: Herobrine config file issue

Post by David B »

Hello,

The report ID that you reference in your post does not appear to be on record. Did you by any chance download the plugin from the Spigot forums? If you did, try downloading the plugin from here and let me know if it works.

Best,
David
phallicphil

Post by phallicphil »

I downloaded off of this website, but I removed all files and tried again. The config file still resets itself. I also resubmitted a bug report with ID 9f99126e93262a612e13579248c48346. For reference, other plugins I have installed are mcMMO, Lift, SavageDeathChest, and TimeVote, all of which are compatible with MC/Spigot 1.12.2.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Hello,

Based on the information you provided as well as the information in your report, I created a test server. The only thing that was missing from the test server was mcMMO since it is not free. Everything worked perfectly, and nobody else has reported this issue, so I believe it may be an issue on your end. Try temporarily removing the mcMMO plugin and try again. I would not think that another plugin would cause this sort of conflict, but I do not know for sure.

Best,
David
phallicphil

Post by phallicphil »

Interesting. mcMMO is actually free, they just make it very confusing in regards to donations. That aside, let me make sure I am setting up the plugin correctly. When I download from this site, I get a jar file which i drop right into the plugins folder of my Spigot server. This generates a folder titled 'Herobrine' which contains a config and a npc file. I shut down my server, edit and save my config file, check the config file to make sure it hasn't already reverted, then start the server. The server starts and I test the plugin by doing something that I know I changed in the config file, /herobrine speakrandom. It displays the default messages, and when I check back on the config file, it is reset. Any other ideas?
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Hello,

Are you sure that there's a free mcMMO version? I found the one on the Bukkit Forums, but it's outdated, and the newer version on the Spigot Forums does not have a free download link anywhere. The process that you are describing for configuring the plugin is correct and should therefore work properly. What operating system are you hosting the server from, and what editor are you using to modify the file?

Best,
David
phallicphil

Post by phallicphil »

Yeah, again, the spigot link has a paywall, but if you look under Dev Builds, which is the first section on the spigot page, they acknowledge that it can be downloaded for free and provide a hyperlink. As for OS and configuration, I have Win10 x64 and am using regular notepad to edit, although I did just download notepad++.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Hello,

Try using Notepad++ to make changes to the config file instead. The config file uses Unix style line endings which Notepad does not play nice with. Notepad++ on the other hand handles them very well.

Best,
David