Herobrine showing in server player list?

Get Help with Using Herobrine
jjgrosk008

Herobrine showing in server player list?

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Just installed the plugin tonight! The only thing I've noticed is Herobrine's name shows up in the player list, doesn't affect server count. Is there any way to hide his name? I've configured him to be a super rare sighting but the name is giving it away.

Edit: I now see there is a "ShowInTabList" option but it is set to false. Maybe it's a bug, as both my friend and I could see him in our lists at the same time. I'd still like to permanently hide it if possible.
David B
Site Admin

Re: Herobrine showing in server player list?

Post by David B »

Hello,

Which version of the plugin are you using? If you are using v2.0.0 with Spigot 1.15 and have "ShowInTabList" set to false, Herobrine will only show in the tab list when he is near you. When he is not near you, he should not appear in the list. Can you check if this is the case for you?

~ David
jjgrosk008

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Hi David,

I'm currently using v2.0.1 with PaperMC Build #33 (maybe that's my issue?) and I do for sure have "ShowInTabList" set to false. In the case of the photos. It shows Herobrine as being over 3000 blocks away for both my friend and I. It seems to have to do with height, in
this case one block makes all the difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

I think this issue may be tied to your use of PaperSpigot, as I have been able to reproduce this issue repeatedly when testing on PaperSpigot, but when I use the normal Spigot distribution, I have not been able to reproduce it at all.
jjgrosk008

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Any way to get that fixed for Paper? I guess I can always switch back to spigot, however paper is just a lot more optimized.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

Unfortunately, I really do not know. I can try, though.
jjgrosk008

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Thanks for looking into this David. I threw a donation your way because I know your time is valuable. While you are in the code (and I’m not sure what’s possible and what’s not) could an option be made to entirely remove Herobrine from showing in the tab list at all or is it required for chat functions?

The idea for use on my server, is to make his sightings super rare (currently configured to pick a target every seven days) and keep him hidden as much as possible. So we can deny his existence while adding a bit more of a challenge for the players. Ideally, the target wouldn’t even see the name in the player list. Just his appearance or floating name tag above the head if he shows himself (which is also configured for sometimes) or if someone stumbles across him wandering the world.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

jjgrosk008 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 pm Thanks for looking into this David. I threw a donation your way because I know your time is valuable.
Yeah I saw that. Thank you! :)
jjgrosk008 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 pm While you are in the code (and I’m not sure what’s possible and what’s not) could an option be made to entirely remove Herobrine from showing in the tab list at all or is it required for chat functions?
This is something else that I am trying to determine as well. Everything that I have tried in order to completely remove him from the tab list has caused him to be entirely invisible, which is obviously not good either, so I picked what I thought was a good middle-ground: show in the tab list only when players have a line of sight of him, and remove him from the tab list when players don't have a line of sight of him, which means that being invisible is not a problem for them. This works in Spigot, but PaperSpigot apparently has issues with it as you demonstrated.
jjgrosk008

Post by jjgrosk008 »

Now that makes a lot more sense to me! I will leave you too it then. If you happen to figure out the paper. Let me know.
David B
Site Admin

Post by David B »

jjgrosk008 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:02 pm Now that makes a lot more sense to me! I will leave you too it then. If you happen to figure out the paper. Let me know.
I certainly will! Herobrine v2.0.2 was released a few minutes ago with a WorldGuard fix, by the way. Unfortunately it will not fix this issue, though.

As for the tab list thing, I am going to see if I can enlist outside help from someone who is better at working with NPCs in Spigot code than me.