New Year, New Herobrine: Herobrine v2.0.0 is Now Available

David B
Site Admin

New Year, New Herobrine: Herobrine v2.0.0 is Now Available

Post by David B »

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year!

As 2020 approaches (or for those of you that use the ISO 8601 calendar, is already here), I have a late Christmas present to share with all of you. Today, I am releasing Herobrine v2.0.0!

This release is more than an incremental upgrade (which would have been called Herobrine v1.10.0) because the codebase upon which the Herobrine v1.x.x release series was built was scrapped in favor of a newer version of the HerobrineAI codebase. Using the newer version of the HerobrineAI codebase, I reimplemented all of the features and updates that were added to the Herobrine v1.x.x release series over time, fixing bugs along the way. The end result of this is what I am publishing today with support for Spigot 1.15.1. Although this release is the first version to support Spigot 1.15.1, it is most certainly not the most exciting thing about this release. If you are interested in a complete list of everything that has changed in this release, check out the Herobrine Changelog.

If you are a server administrator who has previously used one of the Herobrine v1.x.x releases on your server, please note that Herobrine v2.0.0 is not compatible with configuration files generated by any version of Herobrine in the v1.x.x release series. Server administrators are recommended to manually back up their old Herobrine configuration directory, generate a new one with Herobrine v2.0.0, and reapply their previous configuration settings to the new file manually.

As part of this release, development for and support of the Herobrine v1.x.x release series will be suspended in favor of development for and support of the new Herobrine v2.x.x release series. Effective immediately, internal bug reporting for the v1.x.x series will be disabled, and any support requests related to a v1.x.x release will not receive any support beyond a recommendation to upgrade to the latest v2.x.x release. Additionally, no further development will performed on the Git repository for the v1.x.x series. No pull requests will be accepted for it, and any issues opened on that repository will be ignored. The repository README file will be updated with a link pointing to the new Git repository created for the development of Herobrine 2. Anyone who wishes to contribute code and/or bug reports to the Herobrine project should do so on the repository. The new Herobrine 2 repository is available at: https://bitbucket.org/David-B/herobrine-2

Although I have put a great deal of time and effort in to ensuring the quality of this release, it is possible that something may have slipped by me. If you encounter any problems with the plugin, please let me know and I will look in to it to the best of my ability. As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, I have not been putting nearly as much time in to this plugin lately as I used to thanks to a busier schedule. If it takes me a while to get back to you, please bear with me.

Thank you for your continued interest in Herobrine, and once again, Happy New Year!

~ David